ThycoticCentrify announced enhancements to its industry-leading solution for service account governance, Account Lifecycle Manager (ALM). This release allows organizations to gain control over their growing number of privileged service accounts, offering full lifecycle management in multi-cloud environments. ThycoticCentrify emerged as the result of leading provider of cloud identity security solutions formed by the merger of privileged access management (PAM) leaders Thycotic and Centrify.
As companies accelerate digital transformation efforts and accommodate the increase in remote workers, multi-cloud environments have become the norm, with most companies using a combination of platforms to manage a variety of applications and processes. With many cloud platforms in the mix, account management and governance are extremely challenging, complex, and time-consuming. Access controls that organizations rely on for on-premises service accounts aren’t nearly as granular in the cloud if they exist at all. Each cloud platform has its own interface and security controls, so IT teams must learn their unique differences and remember to manage each one.
As a result, cloud-based service accounts can easily become a security risk if not managed correctly and with the right tools. Account Lifecycle Manager now makes it possible to discover, provision, and manage service accounts for all major cloud providers – Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud Platform – from a central, policy-based solution.
“Increasingly, automation and rapid development have given rise to a wide variety of service accounts used by cloud and hybrid applications and we’re going to see their use expand in numbers and complexity,” said Jon Kuhn, Senior Vice President of Product Management at ThycoticCentrify. “Account Lifecycle Manager gives teams the ability to ensure consistent security policies, account governance, and multi-platform reporting.”
With ALM, organizations can now:
- Discover unmanaged accounts and bring them into central management
- Stay on top of account changes through alerts and audit reports
- Provision new accounts according to standardized access control and governance policies
- Define account approval workflows, and set timing requirements for when accounts are reviewed, expired, disabled, or deleted
- Update policy and workflow templates and easily associate accounts to new versions, while maintaining an audit history of changes
- Integrate with ThycoticCentrify Secret Server and third-party ticketing systems like Service Now out of box
More information about ThycoticCentrify Account Lifecycle Manager, including a free 30-day trial, is available at https://thycotic.com/products/account-lifecycle-manager/
Image licensed by pixabay.com